A MOMENT IN THE SUN

   Just a meander . . .
   
   I lay back on my blanket, having a moment in the Sun. I go from ordinary to extraordinary, and close my eyes! I feel the Sun warm my browning skin, dancing on the surface of my body like butterflies alighting and dancing across me. I hear the gentle sigh of the breezes as they move past my ears, and I'm enchanted by the sound. The birds are chirping happily in the boughs above me, as the sun dappled tree tops gently sway. I am whisked away to imagination, and, it, is, extraordinary!

   There's so much more to life, I know, then four walls and struggles, as I transport my mind to . . . 

   The freedom to be myself, deep, unfettered, unwavering. Take the time to understand me, not just know me, but know me. Dig deeper to get to me. Share those parts of yourself with me and let's trust each other with our deepest, most honest truths. True freedom. To be who I am, and know that I'm accepted. Loved. Needed. Beautiful.

   Do you want to know who I am? Take the time to see. 

   I've scaled the tallest of Mountains standing in the midst of the most secluded, pristine forests. I was alone. I walked in quiet solitude as I learned of my strengths, my bravery. I saw my weaknesses and overcame them as I scaled the slopes of the summit, and came out on the pinnacle of self-awareness.

   I've swam the deepest, murkiest of water in the greatest, most vast Ocean. I was alone. I swam in solitude as I learned of my deepest burdens, and worst fears. I saw them and overcame them as I willingly swam to the depths of that Ocean and then broke the surface of achievement over the darkness.

   I've floated in Outer Space. The quiet was overwhelming and frightening. I was alone. The only voice I heard was my own as I faced all the uncertainties and challenges life has handed me so far. I went to places that no other man or woman had traversed before, to face the emptiness inside of me, and what I found there was, that I am connected, to you, to myself, to a tether of all the positive energy of the universe.

   I've walked through the desert, barren, void, arid. I was alone. I reached mirage after mirage, hoping that I had found water, and in spite of my debilitating thirst, I continued to the next oasis until I found what I sought . . . knowledge. I had climbed the sands of time, to realize I haven't learned all there is to know. I need to learn more, but in realizing that, I understand that to learn I must have the desire to learn, and so I shall.

   I've walked beside calm lakes, and through snowy fields, through turbulence and calamity, peace and kindness. I've stroked the most magnificent beasts, and the tamest of lambs. I've loved all manner of creatures and a single blade of grass, a rainbow, and the stars, and what I found through laying still and knowing that I am, is that where I am, where I walk and who I love, God is with me in all things. And where I thought I traveled alone, He was with me every step of the way. I've found healing and unconditional love, I found my soul, I found me. As the Sun continues to warm my skin I remember all that I've overcome, and imagine all the possibilities of this life that have yet to come. I know as I lay on my blanket, reveling in the warmth, that I am healed, I am whole, and I'm Just Me . . .   














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Am I A Weirdo???

Dang! It's Time To Admit...